I tried ZICO coconut water for the first time a few days ago and gave it a thumbs up. Even though the drink was not as good as fresh coconut juice, I still enjoyed it. Well, an idea popped into my head yesterday. What if I were to add coconut juice to my oatmeal? I gave it a shot this morning and I did not have any regrets. The oats had a hint of coconut juice flavor. Combine that with cinnamon and nectarine and you get an unbelievable breakfast.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp ZICO coconut water
- 1/4 cup diced yellow nectarine
- 1 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat toaster oven to 375F.
- Pour the oats, cinnamon, flaxseeds and coconut water in a bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Add the diced nectarine to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour everything including leftover coconut juice into a ramekin and bake for 8-10 minutes.