I chugged down my chocolate hazelnut milk as if there was no tomorrow. Although making it requires some patience, the product will be worth it. Homemade is always the best way to avoid having unnecessary ingredients in your food.
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts, soaked overnight
- 3 1/2 cups water, filtered
- 2 tbsps agave nectar
- 1-2 tbsps unsweetened cacao powder
- Drain and rinse the hazelnuts.
- Pour the four ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Strain the liquid through a cheesecloth. Don’t throw away the pulp! You can add it to oatmeal, raw bars, etc.
- Pour the liquid into a container and place it in the refrigerator. Before serving, shake the container.