Good morning everyone! Since I am an early riser, I always surprise my parents with breakfast. Today I made some mini fritatas. They were the perfect food to start off the day. Mushrooms and tomatoes would have been great additions to the fritatas, but unfortunately I did not have either of the two.
Servings: 5 mini fritatas
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup egg whites
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 3 tbsps shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- your choice of seasoning (I used garlic and herb)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Generously coat a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Coat it with cooking spray and saute the garlic and both onions. Bring the heat up and add the spinach and broccoli florets. Sprinkle salt and pepper and cook until wilted.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites in a bowl.
- Distribute the spinach mixture into the muffin tins, then top with parmesan and cheddar cheese. Pour the egg mixture into each tin until nearly full. The eggs will rise in the oven. Sprinkle the seasoning and place the tin in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.